Friday 8 August 2014

MOVIES AND REAL LIFE : LOVE AND SEX

This is a guest post compiled by Gerald Ofulue for MudilityBlog .

I find myself pondering many times when I see a movie or soap or music video that portrays love between a man and a woman.

In the movie world, when a man and a woman are in love, it is usually expressed by sex. They can't keep their hands off each other, they can't do without each other. You will notice deep professions of love, plenty romantic talk and lots of sex in highly glamorized ways. But.. I hardly ever find the lovers living in real life. I don't see how they discuss everyday issues and challenges. I don't see/hear
INTELLIGENT conversation happening between them.
I don't see their reasoning displayed (and please don't tell me the movie time is too short to show it; after all some of the numerous sex scenes can be converted to some intelligent talk about everyday issues). Love is reduced to physical attraction and sexual passion. And I keep thinking to myself- it's all a lie.

Love- in real life- is most certainly not just about sex. In fact.. I think its a major warning sign if the person you love can't hold normal intelligent conversation with you.. but simply can't keep his/her hands off you..

Yes, its a danger signal if relationship is simply sexual because  in real life, relationships thrive best when the partners can truly communicate, disagree, agree, stay true even in challenges and trials (and I don't mean opposition to your love!)

In real life, there are real issues. So to all them who produce movies and soaps and music, who want to convince me that real love is simply butterflies in my stomach and great sex, I ain't dumb.. I see behind it all.. Your divorce rate proves me right.

No comments:

Post a Comment